Christmas wish

Before Christmas maam is bringing Christmas tree. She tell me Sally when we are moving to Dubai they are not letting me bring Christmas tree in my luggage. they say it is not allow. She say she have very big Christmas tree with lights and she is giving it away to her friend. Now in Dubai she is having smaller Christmas tree so she is not happy. She say Sally how I wish I have my big tree. But even her small Christmas tree is bigger than me. Her big Christmas tree at home must be like the tree I am seeing in the mall. 

So many days before Christmas when we are going to mall we are seeing the big Christmas tree. And listening to music about santa and snow. It is like Christmas is starting in November. But for me Christmas is starting on December 16 when simbang gabi is starting. In my home country we are going to church for nine days before Christmas. That is simbang gabi. We go in the morning very early and make wish for all nine days. If you do this then your wish come true. Over here in Dubai there is no chance for simbang gabi. But every day I am praying and making my wish.

Maam is making Sara and Rayan make their Christmas list for Santa. She call it Santas wish list. Rayan is still believe that Santa is coming. Sara is knowing that Santa is really maam and sir. Maam tell Sara that if she tell Rayan there is no Santa then Sara not getting any gifts. So Sara is also doing pretend for Rayan that Santa is coming.

On Christmas day one of the gift that Sara is getting this really big headphone for her ipod. Beat headphone she is calling it. She is so happy full day she is wearing the headphone and singing so loud my head is paining. And Rayan is getting speaker for his ipod. Now you imagine this situation. Rayan is playing music on ipod speaker and singing loud. Full day opa gangman style. Then Sara is singing loudly I'm going to scream and shout and let it all out. Both singing different song. My head is paining so much. Maam is laughing and saying oh no Sally what I have done. both these children are going mad. I want to tell maam even I am going mad.

Maam is giving me cash this year. She say Sally you buy what you want I do not know what to give you. I want to tell maam to buy ear plug for my ear. And panadol for my headache. But I am quietly putting the money away. 

I know I will not buy anything. I will keep it. Save it. Maybe then my simbang gabi wish of living with my son in my own house in my home country can come true. Maybe one day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year sally!

Angela said...

Hope you had a lovely Christmas & Wish you a lovely new year too Sally!!

Anonymous said...

good job, i like your sense of humor. I can feel your goodness and kindess upon reading your blog.
That's what a friend i am longing for...

Anonymous said...

hi sally! i love you! you make me laugh over the things that are real... keep writing and ill keep reading!

Post a Comment