salt and pepper

Yesterday when children is at school maam is going shopping. She coming back and saying Sally see what I bring. it so cute. She take out salt and pepper shaker thing. The salt is a man. The pepper is a woman. The man is dress in white. The woman is black. I am thinking that who make this is so clever. The man is like salt. Not very tasty but without salt it is hard to make food. The woman is like pepper. She is little spicy and make your food have more taste.

I tell maam my story. Maam say Sally sometime you amaze me that you are thinking like this. What maam is thinking? That I have no mind. That I not think. My mind is all the time moving. I look at flower and I think of a story. I look at the bird and I think of a story. You know. You are reading my blog. You know I am all the time thinking.

Now I am thinking why over here in dubai the man is wearing white and girl is wearing black? Why not girl wear white and the man wear black? I ask maam if she knowing. maam saying Sally I not know all this thing but maybe because in old days the man is going out in desert sun so he have to wear white to be cool? Maybe the black dress is protect the girls skin from the sun? Then she say something interesting. She say Sally maybe black is hide the shape of the woman. Maam then say Sally if you find out you tell me. So if anyone is knowing please tell me so I can tell my maam.

Yesterday I am reading something in newspaper. In Saudi all the wife is saying no to bring maid from Morocco. Filipina maid is not allow to go in saudi since few month. But all the wifes they are not wanting to do house work. so they having to find new country to bring maid from. But they not want house maid from Morocco because they think the girls from Morocco is too good looking. They are worry about the husband. They worry the maid do some magic on the husband. They are worry that the Moroccan girl is too spicy for the house.

First I am thinking this. Why they worry? They just have to put abaya and nikab on her and cover her in black. Then even if she is spicy like pepper no one is knowing. But then I think more. even if she is all cover up in black she can still do her magic.

See why it important to always be thinking? When I think more I realise that it is not only black and white. Because if you are like pepper or if you are like salt what you wear does not matter. Soon every one will get a taste.

19 comments:

stine@larsen.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dubaisally said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is great! Greetings from the UK! :)

Anonymous said...

No matter she pretends not knowing English, she thinks a lot... in the right way. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I really loved your blog!

dubaisally said...

Thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot

Anonymous said...

The stories are very interesting ... I have read somewhere that Sally is fictional .... Is it true?

dubaisally said...

To Anon Feb 9. Yes it is true. If you have not already done so, please read the disclaimer below.

Anonymous said...

Who is writing this anyway???????

Anonymous said...

Wow...Cheers for your thinking & writing skills

Unknown said...

I love your stories..you have made a boring daily rut so exciting and adventurous!!

Anonymous said...

Hi dubaisally... where are you from by the way...

Anonymous said...

Hi sally really njoy ur blog.please tell me where I can buy the salt and pepper shaker in dubai.thank you

Sandie said...

I love your blogg - i have just spent most of the day reading this at work (Im a oil executive Consultant with my own maids at home and i really wish they had your sense of thinking) - its really making me laugh so much .. keep it up :)

Anonymous said...

Good blog & thanks for your stories.

good luck for making your dream come true! Hi from Hong Kong:)

Anonymous said...

I discovered your blog today by chance. I am looking for a nanny in Dubai and I found teh glob on google... Now it's 2 hours I just keep on reading without stopping! I love your way of telling story, you have a great talent! Bravo!

Anonymous said...

This is not a true story, but even so, I love it, I wonder who is the author. She is not a maid!

Anonymous said...

I dont think she is a maid either, asPhilipinas tend to have better grammer and English skills, but this is a great read. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, she is not a Filipina, I dont know why she is using the Phiippine National then, but the way you write your blog, it sounds like you are from Middle East

Post a Comment