limit

Yesterday maam is saying Sally my backache is hurting very bad. I tell her maam I do little bit massage? She say no Sally I cannot make you do that. I say maam I always have to do that for my Oman maam. Back press. Leg massage. So many times after my Oman maam go shopping I have to do massage for her. Sometime I even do her nail polish.

One time my Oman maam not get time to go to beauty salon so I do her hair dye also but she not like it and she get angry with me. What I can do? She give me hair dye box and I put in her hair. I cannot help if her hair is bad. Maam is laughing. She say Sally dont worry I not shout at you for bad hair dye because I not make you do my hair dye. Or my nails. Or massage. It not your job. I know when to stop Sally.I know my limit.

I think Maam knows her limit because she has no limit. I explain. One time I am seeing the bill for her spa massage. She is throwing bill in garbage. It is 550 dirham. I can not forget that number. Little more than 550 is like almost my half month salary. She is spending that in one hour. She is throwing bill in garbage but for me it is like she is throwing 550 dirham in garbage. I wish I can do her massage and she give me that money. Maam say she not make me do massage because she knows her limit. But if maam did not have extra 550 dirham you think she would go to spa for massage? No no no. I would be doing her massage at home. For free. I know that. She stops at her limit because she has no limit. for spending money. 

Maam go to spa for massage and salon for haircut. Other time the beauty girl is coming home. Maryam. Every 3 or 4 week Maryam comes to the house to do wax. of maam legs and hands and face. I think this beauty job is good job. Not much work like house maid work. And the name of job is also better than maid. She is called home beauty expert. That sounds so much better than house maid.

But Maryam tell me that it is too tiring work. She have so many client in one day. She say she is all round beauty expert. means she do everything. Whatever client is wanting. She have certificate for waxing nail hair henna massage everything. She like nail work because it is easy. but waxing and massage is more tiring. But all that is ok she say. Maryam really not like when client want to do wax of private. I ask Maryam how she not feel shy to do that work. Maryam say Sally if my client want wax of private then I have to do wax of private. It is my job I have no choice. I need to earn money.

Maryam is correct. she have to do it even if she does not like it. Because she wants to keep her job. See how life is? For both Maryam and maam their limit is decided by money. But maam stops at her limit because she has no limit for money. And Maryam has to cross her limit because she has the limit of losing her job and her money.

It is simple. Life has lot of limits. And lot of times money decides what your limit in life will be. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently in Davao, great paragraphing skills doesn't save someone from a life of domestic servitude.

Kate Gosselin said...

Great Dubai blog! Thanks a lot for the necessary info.

annie one said...

i am really impressed with your writings.it is very nice .nobody think about it that life has lots of limits

Aaraf said...

An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment. I think that you ought to write more about this subject matter, it may not be a taboo subject but usually people do not speak about such issues. To the next! Kind regards!!

ishata said...

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It will always be exciting to read through content from other writers and use something from their websites.

Anonymous said...

Jealousy should have limits, and should be controlled by a person. She spends on her back treatment, because she has pain and you wish she gives you that money. Why didn't you give water to a worker instead of going to a hospital when your back was hurting, not to mention your ma'am took you there on her own expense. Be thankful to God for what you have and playing the victim always is very comfortable strategy, remember there is always someone worse than you. God bless you. If you wish to change the world start with yourself.

Post a Comment