happy to be me

Last night I am having a dream. That I am maam. And maam is me. It is not the first time I am having this dream. Sometimes even when I am awake I am having this dream. In my dream I am living in maams house in her room. Maam is living in my room. She is doing all work and I am going for shopping and to gym. I am driving the car and she is washing the car. When I wake up it is all gone. I see that I am sleeping in my small room again. I feel little bit jealous. 

Jealous because she has so many nice things. because her life is easy. because her only difficult time is when sir is travel and she feel alone. But me I am alone all the time. My life is not so easy. I have too many worry in my life. So it normal that I feel little bit jealous. little bit sad. that my life is not so easy.

But I also feel little bit proud. Because in my small life I have done so much more than her. I tell you what I mean. Full time maam depend on sir. I am not depending on any man for doing any thing for me. I am leaving my house at young age and become independent. I am supporting my full family. Maam is going to college and get so many degree. but she just spend her full day doing shopping and gym. And talking on phone. I not finish my education but I am making people think. of their life. with my blog. 

That is why I want to be happy. to be me. But it is so hard. Because everyone is able to see the nice things maam has got. But no one is able to see why I feel proud.

7 comments:

cosmo-polite said...

Exactly lady, you got it.
Knowledge is what your maam got with her college or whatever. Wisdom is what i see growing in you, since you write this blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi I found your blog by searching the internet trying to find ways to understand my Thai maid more and ensure she is happy working for us. I am really looking forward to reading more, if you have not already (I have a lot of reading to do to catch up) can you please post about some things i can do for my maid to help her feel appreciated. She does a wonderful job, we all love her but she does not speak English. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

oh oops after reading more on your blog i realise that its fiction...what a shame :(

Maryam-Dubai said...

nice sally...just be happy & stay focus ;)
The Expat Wife, this is her life not fiction

sue said...

Maryam, actually it is fiction (see her disclaimer below) but it could very well be a true story. The author is a good writer and has made this story (and Sally) come alive with her various anecdotes.

Happiness said...

Happiness comes to them who opens their door for small treats that life provides to them. So be happy and live longer!

Unknown said...

What a stupid story!
I stead of being happy to have ur job and thankful to ur madam, u talk bad about her and that she didn’t reach anything! I tell u sth, by attending college she achieved more than u would ever achieve in ur life! And stop doing this job if u are so jealous, accept ur position and status and know ur place that u r the worker and she is the boss. That will never change!! Uff maids like u make me so angry. Had plenty of this shitty people working for me! Know ur place or leave and work something else wallah

Post a Comment