water

Few week back I am reading in paper that water is less in uae. I am not knowing this before. I think that because of the sea there is lot of water. But paper is saying that one day water get over. or more costly. I get very worry. Full time I am thinking of this. If there no water what we will drink? How we will do washing? How I will clean car? How we will give water to garden? I show maam the paper. I tell her maam now I not wash car every day. I only do it one time in week. So I can save water. Maam say by the time this happens Sally you and I both will have left Dubai. She say Sally you do your work I will worry about the water.

But I know she not worry about water. Maam is buying water to drink. If water get over she will just buy more bottle. If it cost more she will just pay more. Every week the water man is coming with big bottles of water. He take old bottles and give new one. In this house everyone is drinking water from this big bottle. Even me. When it is hot in Dubai I fill big jug with this water and put in fridge. I use this water for making ice also.

You remember my friend Roslie? She is the one who work next door for part time work. She tell me that her one maam not let her drink this bottle water. Her maam tell her Roslie you no drink this water you drink from tap. One time Roslie tell me she take water from fridge because it so hot outside she want cold water. Her maam get angry. She say Roslie you not ask me? how you take my water from my fridge?

Roslie so angry. I tell her Roslie I have solution for you. Next time you fill your own tap water and put in fridge. Then your maam not able to say anything. Then your maam no get angry with you for drinking her water. Roslie so upset with her maam she say next time I fill water for her I spit in it.

When Roslie say this she is angry like a snake. Ulupong. cobra snake. Very dangerous snake in Philippines. It has so much poison in its spit. Roslie is like this snake who want to put her poison spit in her maams water. Her mind is having poison thought for her maam. I understand why she angry. But I tell her Roslie it no use you think like this. It bad for your mind only. Nothing will change for your maam but your mind will go mad. Better you clean your mind of this poison thinking. Roslie laugh and say Sally should I clean my mind with tap water or maams bottle water?

My maam not worry that water get over or cost more. Because she will buy more water or pay more money. And anyway like maam say when the water get over we will all be back in our home country. So I am thinking no more worry for me for water. I will wash the car every day. And wash this worry from my mind. I hope Roslie also wash her mind of her poison thinking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, now that I know that you are not a filipina but a clever idian lady writting this blog, I find those stories amusing. Thank God you are not the maid you pretended to be at first...
Good luck for this blog, very nice indeed.

Anonymous said...

Sally I just read the Cosmo article. I want to congratulate u on the success of your blog. You are raising awareness about the life of OFWs. And also making us introspect and look within ourselves about our relationships not only with hired help but with all our relationships. Thank you for that. I hope you continue to blog. Do not listen to all the naysayers- they are the ones who look within themselves and do not like who they see. Good luck

Anonymous said...

I hope soon you ,your ma'am and people like you get out of my country so soon

m said...

Why did u lie to your maam about cab ride costing 20 when it costed u 5....do you think you are a good person for doing that...

Post a Comment