Me and my maam

I so jealous of her. She have all nice things and me I have small room small bathroom. She have so many room so many bathroom. When she go out I use her thing her bathroom also.  I no like her sometimes. But she my maam so I have be nice to her. I have to do thing she tell me to do even when I not want.

Like two day ago I am cleaning kitchen. It 7.30 at night. My sir and maam and two children eat dinner early so I go to bed 9 oclock. It was not like that at place I work before. There they would eat dinner at 10 and I sleep 12 midnight. And get up next morning at 5 to pack school lunch. So I cleaning kitchen and maam she tell me Children will have banana pancakes tomorrow morning. Just like that. At 7 in evening. So I have to make them at night because how I can make them in the morning so quickly before they leave for school at 7.30? How she tell me at 7 to start make pancakes. When I work at the other place before I use to make 25 dishes for iftar in fasting period but I start making them early before I take the 4 children to the park but now I have to make pancake in middle of night at 7.

I very angry but what I can do I had to do pancake. So I make lot of noise when I cleaning up bang dishes and doors. My maam she not care she just go upstair and sit on computer. In morning I wake up 5.45 this famly better about these timing than  before other family and I wake up and make lots of noise again so my maam would be disturb. But she not say anything to me when she come down so I no think she hear me upstair. So next time I angry I make more noise again.

Yesterday while I wash windows my slipper broke so maam gave me her slipper. I take them even though she haves a big foot and my foot little smaller. She say Do they fit? You can have them. They were little big but I take them because they nice. Now my feet hurt. Why she give me big slippers? Why she not give me smaller ones? I tell her Maam your slippers make my feet hurt. She say Because they are big I think. But what I can do the slippers are really nice. Maybe she gave me because her feet hurt in them. But she used to wear them and no complaining they hurt. Maybe her feet are big so they no hurt her. 

My friend Lilibeth she work next door say if you have big feet your balance better so they no hurt. Lilibeth very clever. She tell me lot of important things. Like she tell me not to have bath in evening because if you do then you get what you say paralize. Really. So now I wake up 5.45 early morning to take shower before children coming down for breakfast. Maam wake up at 6 and then she looks at children lunchbox to see if I put everything in it proper. She say Sara like tuna Rayan like chicken make sure you have give right sandwich. As though I would put wrong sandwich in wrong box. Maybe once I put wrong snack in wrong bag and Rayan get full strawberry instead of cut strawberry. Maam tell me with smile Rayan only 5 years old Sally he need strawberry chop.

Maam think very important this kind of thing. I think atleast he getting strawberry. My brothers and sisters in Philippine they no get anything. These children of my maam and sir are so lucky they have so many toys and thing I so jealous of them

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

because they are lucky so u not happy to work with them? or show ur tantrums?

i dont understand why ur maam need a maid
where the kids is so big... get a part timer
is much more better

Anonymous said...

Sally, what U are doing is not nice. Your madam is doing her best for U but you are jealous.
You should'nt have those feelings.
U get luck to go to sleep at 9:00 pm and not at midnight like at your previous employer, so why are U banging doors in the kitchen to show your bad mood when she ask U to make pancakes at 7;30 PM. Where did she go wrong ???

Anonymous said...

I agree...you are quite ungrateful to your madam. I think you have it very good compared to others and your own previous experience. In my opinion, you are not a very good worker because you are sneeking behind your madam's back using her computer without permission when you should be working. She pays you for this? You can do this on your free time...save your money and buy a second-hand laptop! Also it seems all you do is daydream and read the news...I would have fired you ages ago! You are obviously not working...you go by "when the cat's away, the mice are at play". I hope you get caught. Anybody applauding you for your efforts in this blog is clearly agreeing to dishonestly and lying. There is nothing to be proud of for that. God is watching everything you do. And your are doing a tremendous injustice to yourself in the end. We are not all given the same type of life in this world..that is God's mysterious plan. You have to deal with it and try to be an honest and good person in this life to be rewarded. You are a poor example for this. I hope you get a reality check one day: I hope you get busted, fired, and work in a really horrible situation. You will then be kicking yourself, for sure! You are so ungrateful!

Anonymous said...

I agree. It is not a servant's place to question her employer. My maid waits on me hand and foot and does it with a smile. When I come home from work, she is required to wash and massage my feet and if she doesn't like being my slave she is free to hit the streets....PERIOD.

Anonymous said...

I don't think this blog is made for any applauds or anything close. Blogs are made to talk about people's experiences with their own bias experiences, so you can judge her as much as you want but it doesn't make you any more perfect than her. Has she been a little dishonest and a little immature? Sure, but does it make her a horrible person? NO. You have to be in her shoes before you judge, since non of you obviously have you shouldn't even talk. Oh and they aren't called Servants, they are called Maids. It's disrespectful as hell to even say servant.

Anonymous said...

I think you should be proud of your job, it doesnt matter if we are teachers, maids, or models or whatever, i think the hard work u do is incredible sally,
its ok to have those jealous feelings cause ur human....
although i guess ur blessed to have this job cause u didnt have a good life in ur other country right,
life could be worse...
dont think negative or push urself sally
i understand ur living a difficult life
i wish u had it better
but this is ur life at the moment...
but i send u love, happiness, hus, light, joy, good health ur way
may god always bless u sally for everything u do

Anonymous said...

Gosh you guys are mean! How about you try being a "servant" waking up everyday before everyone else constantly being told what to do. In any of your countries you'd call is slavery! She's human and its allowed to feel whatever she wants to feel. What make you think her employer doesn't know what she's doing when "the cat's out?"

I wish you'd all wake up one day as maid for even the nicest family in the world , away from your family , your children , your friends and your whole support system. working over 48hours a week for MUCH less than 4000 DHS (If your LUCKY) If your not its closer to 600 Dhs a month.
Then you'd realize the ignorance of your comments

Anonymous said...

if you take a shower at night you get paralyzed?

Anonymous said...

Agree.. to the first 4 comments.
We have 3 house maids.. They are required to do any and everything we require. Call it servants, maids, slaves, whatever. They are paid to work not raise HR issues.
The junior most does all cleaning/ washing.. yes toilets, underwear, shoes included.
One of them cooks whatever is required for us and our guests.
And yes whether they like it or not.. The maids are required to untie the laces, remove the shoes from our feet & place them in the rack when we return home. If we are free this has to be followed with cleaning the feet with warm water and then she has to give a foot massage. Its really relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Servants can't refuse for their work. I worked as servant to a rich lady in my childhood. I massage her feet al the day, while she is watching TV, reading books, eating, also till she sleeps in the night. I had to clean her shoes, wash her feet, cut her toe nails & pedicure too. Also need to change her toe nail colours always to match her dress.

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. We have recently recruited 2 maids.. Make them work about 14 hrs a day. Don't want them to become lazy.
They get paid, its their job.. Have to do everything - cleaning, cooking, giving a massage.
The younger one stays at my beck & call while the more experienced one does the chores.
The young one, with her energetic soft hands, is pretty good at giving foot massages.

Anonymous said...

I am working as a domestic servant to a 44 years old (but she looks very young ,like 24 ) Asian madam. She is a very rich lady. She wants to be treated like a Queen. There is another servant for do all the kitchen activities such as cooking & dish washing. My duty is to massage madam's feet while she is relaxing & sleeping, cleaning her shoes , socks, & do her laundry. I have to clean the house specially her room & toilet is must everyday. She is going for jogging in the morning. So I need to put on & untie the laces of her jogging shoes, take off the socks. They are bit stinky, because it is after the jogging. But now I used to that smell. I have to wash her feet with hot water & massage them. She is having well pedicured feet, looks very pretty.
I am drinking the water from the basin after her foot wash, to show her how submissive servant I am. She is really happy with that & gave me a salary increment too.

Anonymous said...

well I have an excellent maid, she is paid very well and is extremely happy in her job, she also provides me with massages whenever I want for which I pay her extra as sometimes these massages can get very hot, I don't force her or anything it is a mutual thing, I have been her madam for 5 years now and it works well for both of us as she is away from her husband and mine is working in Saudi three months on one month off. I say treat your maids well and they will treat you well also.

Anonymous said...

My name is mary. I am working for a 24 years old madam. She has so many maids in different group. There is a group which duty to wash madam's clothes, socks, shoes. I am in a group which duty is too take care of the madam body. There were me ,jane,megan,gwen,stacy,joyceline,amanda. I and amanda were supposed to take care of the maid feet such as washing, scrubbing,pedicure,and massaging her feet all the time. I and amanda also had to put on the socks to madam feet and tie the laces of her shoes when she iss going to gym. Here

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of you commenting here are living in your own fantasy world.

Anonymous said...

why all of you are anonymous?! lol

this blog is hilarious!

by anonymous :p

Unknown said...

Are these comments for real? Are there that many disgustingly rich people reading this blog? Also, wtf is up with rich people paying their maids shit for money? Like, they have so much money that it really doesn't matter to them. Why pay so little?

Post a Comment